Monday, December 2, 2013

Week 82 - Flooding Roads, Floating Garbage, Forgot Thanksgiving

This week was pretty awesome, *lv**, someone we´ve been teaching came to church with his two sons, and it seems like they all enjoyed it. They´re just awesome people just that *lv** has health problems, and that impedes him.
This week there was tons of rain, and it came very suddenly as well. Where I am right now, there are lots of people and the roads flood more than I´ve ever seen them before, there was one road that we had to walk about 4 blocks to find a way accross. Here sometimes the streets turn into rivers, no big deal. When it started to rain we were talking to some people that weren´t really interested in talking about God, but then it started to pour so they let us in, and so that was great.  I got help from the rain without even getting wet! Then we talked to some other guy afterwards who gave us free food, so that was awesome. One interesting thing that people do here is when it rains really hard some people throw their trash in the streets so that they don´t have to deal with it, because it gets washed away. I hadn´t ever seen that before.
This week people started asking us a bunch of questions about the Virgin María, because the 8th of December is coming up, which is her day here in Paraguay.

I completely forgot about Thanksgiving, to be honest. We were walking down the street and then Elder D**z just mentioned it was Thanksgiving and that´s when I realized it as well. I never would have thought that I would forget about a holiday that is so great back in the States. Oh, well Turkey is kinda expensive here anyways since the eggs don´t hatch down here hardly at all. You just wait until next year, and then you all won't have anything left to eat because I´ll have to eat 3 Thanksgiving´s worth in one sitting.
Last year we did have a Christmas Celebration, we´ll see what we do this year. Christmas is celebrated worldwide, so I´m sure we´ll do something.  I don´t think I´ll decorate for Christmas we´ll see if we are still in the same house or not, because this house has some issues.

We have a ward mission leader who has actually served a mission and is active, so it´s super awesome.

Lately we´ve been cutting grass for service.

We eat about 3 times a week with the members here, we´re working with a drug addict, so that´s fun.

We use rolls for the sacrament bread.

 Elder D**z is more outgoing and talks more, so that justs makes it more exciting because even if he is new to Paraguay he makes entertaining mistakes. 

At the bi-mission meeting, it was just nice to see the missionaries I had met and worked next to.

-Elder Bowles

No comments:

Post a Comment