Monday, December 9, 2013

Week 83 - Very hot, Poop Moths, Feeling Healthy, Trash

This week was pretty good, it's getting really hot, here its almost 40 degrees celsius (104 F) and its super humid.

I actually tried a new food this week, the paraguayan coconut that has a yellow fruit outside of it. It was just ok.

Yesterday there wasn't very many people at all in the area because all of them were in Caacupe to make their promises to the virgin over there, so that made the day interesting. 

I can't even imagine having snow here, the people here are verry interesting, sometimes too interesting, but different is just fine.

I got to go through my old area, Kennedy, becasue I did some interviews, so that was kinda fun.

The big moths that poop on people are out again, so that's fun. This area is more cityish than all my other areas, but at least the people are smarter, so that at least makes my work easier.
Elder D**z (his companion) is learning Spanish pretty fast.
My shirts arent yellowish brown, they're reddish brown, I tried to bleach one, but then all the really dirty spots stick out more because some of the shirt is really white and the rest is super dirty, so yeah.
We have investigators pray on the 1st or 2nd visit.
*lv** said he was going to go to the church in a different ward this week because his cousin is a member! so that's awesome.
I'm completely healthy, yes the mosquitos are out, but I always have bug spray in my backpack. Don't worry, our house was moldy, but we bleached it and its all gone now.
People here use drugs and substances a lot more than they do in the states. Luckily that's why I'm here.

Days like this make me appreciate Elder Oak's talk about not having other gods (http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2013/10/no-other-gods), because that is always what starts people down the wrong path.

Here I am completely used to having trash on the street. It is normal to me now, it's going to be weird going to the states again where everything is clean.
The garbage all goes to the lake Ypacarai, which is a really polluted lake, because that's where most of the creeks and rivers go.
-Elder Bowles

No comments:

Post a Comment