Monday, December 16, 2013

Week 84 - Getting Lost, Sitting Next to Strangers, Christmas Attitudes, Built an Oven, Package

This week was pretty dang good, we are teaching a couple new families, I´ve still been seeing a lot of people from Kennedy, and it´s super hot.

We got lost in our small area ( I don´t know how) and we ran into some lady that showed us how to get to go where we wanted to go, and then asked if the church was still there and if the meetings always happened, and said she had gone before and wanted to go back! So that was crazy, then I didnt´feel bad at all about getting lost.

I gave a talk this last week on the Holy Ghost, so that was fun, it only had to be 7 minutes, so that was nice, I had about an hour to prepare it.

I try not to hitchhike, I´ve only done it about 5 times, but it is always exciting when we do.
I will call between 11 and 11,30 this coming Monday (Paraguay time), which is the time when I usually email, I´m planning on skyping, if that´s all right.
I sweat from the moment we leave our house until I come back at night, unless we get extremely lucky and some rich person lets us into their airconditioning, or it rains, but then we get wet anyways.
When I was in Villarrica I really liked talking to people in the park, because you just sit down next to them and start talking (that´s completelly normal here, it´d be a little weird in the states.)
Usually the attitudes change a lot during Christmas, there´s more loud music, a lot more drunk people and big groups, but there are always people who just want to find the truth. I have seen the gift of patience a lot in this area (in me and others) here in Asunción Satan has a good grasp on the society and the people in general, but luckily we have God and Jesus and everything good on our side to change that.

I only learned one spanish word this week- fratacho - trowel. I helped some guy make an oven out of dirt and cow poop and bricks, so that was fun. I would have to say that´s one of my favorite ways to serve people.

I went and did baptismal interviews for the sister missionaries and I interviewed someone who was 13 with a kid, but she´s changed her life and wants to follow God. Then I interviewed someone who was 14 without a baby and it was really interesting seeing the difference of their lives and everything. oh, and here in paraguay there´s a 23 year old grandma-figure it out.

The Spirit teaches me all the time as I teach or read scriptures that I´ve read hundreds of times.

I got the package a week ago, and I decided I was going to wait until Christmas to open it. I made it until the next morning, and then I just had to open it. I already used the screwdriver to fix a leak in our gas stove almost the very next day, so that was nice, and I am enjoying the taco seasoning scented shirt while it lasts...and the taco seasoning

No comments:

Post a Comment