Monday, November 25, 2013

Week 81 - Lots of Listeners, Tons of Bugs, Investigator Disappears, No Air Conditioning

This week went by soo fast! We had tons of people who wanted to listen to us, it was great.

Elder D**z is from Arizona, and he talks a ton, and without shame as well, he has the same amount of time in the mission as Elder L*dd*ll. His grandparents are from Mexico, but he didn´t know Spanish before the mission.  It´s super funny, because everyone just assumes he knows Spanish perfectly because of his last name. The last time I smiled was when my comp told someone he was waiting for his man. (estoy esperando mi hombre) it was super funny because the lady understood just that. Elder D**z became a member 3 years ago, so it´s been fun being his companion.

I don´t know if I mentioned it before but Elder Cristopherson came and told us all how we could be better, and it was great.  I also got to see some of my friends from the other mission.

 I learned some Guarani cuss words because some guy took his time to explain them to me, so that wasn´t appreciated. I also learned a really fun word (hy) which means negro in guarani, but you have to say the y as a u using your nose and throat at the same time.

It is suuuper hot here right now. We cut somone's plants

.Here there are tons of bugs, every day when I wake up I have to run the shower for a little bit before I get in so that all the bugs go down the drain, so that´s fun. I started taking cold showers because it feels super nice after being sweaty and hot all day.

I tried to explain to somebody here about squirrels and acorns, but it didn´t work, because they don´t really have a name for them here.

The 20 member family did have the same dad.
I have tried cow meat, cow intestine and cow foot, but cow tongue was new for me.
I can get to Kennedy(an old area) in about 15 minutes on a bus. The only reason I´m not in the same zone is because the zone was split because of all the new missionaries. 
*d*lf* (an investigator) basically disappeared, we´ll see what happens.

Our apartment is good, we have 2 half broken fans, and a broken air conditioner, so we´ll see if that changes. My apartment is 2.5 blocks from the chapel. we just walk now, the area is small. At church somebody gave a talk and shared Juan 4:53 and 54, it was really simple, but somehow I learned a lot.

 53 So the father knew that it was at the same hour, in the which Jesus said unto him, Thy son liveth: and ahimself believed, and his whole house.
 54 This is again the asecond miracle that Jesus did, when he was come out of Judæa into Galilee.

We gave one of our investigators *lv** a blessing, and then we told him that we were only sharing what we were because it would help him and it was just great, he´s super awesome, but his health problems keep him back.

-Elder Bowles

No comments:

Post a Comment