https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=gmail&attid=0.1&thid=13f9b7008b0a4252&mt=application/pdf&url=https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui%3D2%26ik%3D34924753d1%26view%3Datt%26th%3D13f9b7008b0a4252%26attid%3D0.1%26disp%3Dsafe%26realattid%3Df_hillkcxk0%26zw&sig=AHIEtbTMyQyT6Lks7xfp0bXRhNtfUUfF-g
Well, here I am in my new area, it´s super great here. I feel like I started my mission over again. New area, new companion, new rules. I´m here in Villarrica, a city outside of Asunción. I grabbed a taxi in my old area, and arrived in ´la Terminal´ at 7am in the morning, and then I grabbed a double decker colectivo at 8:40am with a group of other missionaries for 3 hours, and we arrived in Coronel Oviedo. Then my new companion and I took another colectivo for a little less than an hour to arrive in Villarrica.
It is just awesome here. there aren't very many people at church (49 today was more people than normal), but the people here are very nice and for the most part sincere.
There´s also another ´branch´ in my area (its called Paso YoBai) about 2.5 hours from Villarrica, where we live, in a dinky little town. The branch president there called us and told us that he had some people for us to teach (and baptize), who had ´only´ been going to church for about 5 months. So we went and taught them, and it´s even prettier over there, which I didn´t know was possible.
My new comp is going to end his mission in a little more than 2 weeks, so I have to learn the area quickly. His name is Elder R**d, and he´s from Utah, so we´ll see what happens. My companion has been out 1 year and 11 months in the mission, or as he always tells people 'more than a year and a half.' My companion is good, and he likes to work.
There´s a Bolivian family in our ward, and they made us some soup, and it was actually spicy, which was super nice, because Paraguayans don´t know what the word spicy means.
In this new area, I now I have hot water! The only thing is, we can´t use the heater and the hot water in the shower at the same time, or the circuit gets overloaded.
Here they have ice for 500 guaraní (less than 10 american cents) on every house corner. It warmed up yesterday, so I´m enjoying life again.
Here they have ice for 500 guaraní (less than 10 american cents) on every house corner. It warmed up yesterday, so I´m enjoying life again.
Our house is 3 blocks from the chapel in Villarrica, and more than 2 hours in colectivo from the other chapel. The city part of our area is more city-like, but there is a whole part of my area that is just jungle. My area is all of the ´departamento Guairá and the departamento Villarrica which is super huge and southeast of asunción.
Don´t make me jealous with those big numbers (Dave had told him 150 people came to our last church dinner), I haven´t even heard of a ward in Parguay that has more than 130 people in church on Sundays.
Don´t make me jealous with those big numbers (Dave had told him 150 people came to our last church dinner), I haven´t even heard of a ward in Parguay that has more than 130 people in church on Sundays.
When I left on my mission I had a testimony, but I didn´t have a testimony confirmed by the Spirit. I knew that the church is true because the Bible says that Jesus has a church, and all the other churches either contradict themselves or the scriptures. After being thrown accross the world I gained the confirmation by the Spirit that I know even more that my testimony is true.
I lived in Felt hall at BYU (al lado de fox hall) fox hall (where Kami stayed for EFY last week) was in my ward at BYU.
No. I don´t like speaking in front of groups standing up. Sitting down is just way easier and more comfortable, if its on the ground or on a chair it doesn´t matter. I wish I could go to the temple whenever I want, that would be just awesome.
Julia, My companion has blonde hair and straight teeth. I don't know if he likes blood sausage. He´s OCD. I´m gonna make it a fun two weeks. He is senor companion. I haven't been playing the piano, but my companion is the only other person who plays piano and he´s gonna leave in two weeks, so we´ll see. You go and start those mission papers!
No. I don´t like speaking in front of groups standing up. Sitting down is just way easier and more comfortable, if its on the ground or on a chair it doesn´t matter. I wish I could go to the temple whenever I want, that would be just awesome.
Julia, My companion has blonde hair and straight teeth. I don't know if he likes blood sausage. He´s OCD. I´m gonna make it a fun two weeks. He is senor companion. I haven't been playing the piano, but my companion is the only other person who plays piano and he´s gonna leave in two weeks, so we´ll see. You go and start those mission papers!
I´ll send a couple pictures next week, just remind me to do it, I don´t have my card adapter today.
-Elder Bowles
-Elder Bowles
No comments:
Post a Comment