Monday, July 8, 2013

Week 61 - Kennedy - Ward Feels Sorry, Forgot Independence Day, Spanish Speakers from Spain, Nurse Advice

This week was a tougher week. Transfers were last week and I'm still here in Kennedy. The ward seems to feel sorry for me and are giving me way more references than before, and helping out even more. If nothing else that's one good thing about being in an area for almost 7 months, is that the members all know me trust me, and help me. We'll see what happens.
 
We met the new Mission President this week. He came and did a special conference thing for the missionaries that were changing missions. He seems nice, we'll see. The president seems fine, but the first impression never means anything.
 
On Thursday some guy wished me happy Independence Day, and I told him that I thought Paraguay's independence day already happened. I completely forgot about the 4th of July. Kinda embarrassing, Never in my life thought I would forget that.
 
This week I tried Mbeyu, it's like mexican tortillas, but a little thicker, and a little moister. They are super good.
 
Also, I talked to someone from Spain this week, and they talked to me in tu and vosotros, it was kinda weird.  The only time I've heard someone actually speak Spanish from Spain, that wasn't just making fun of how people from Spain speak Spanish.
 
Mom-that is good to hear that you are recovering well.
 
Yes, I watched the district before the MTC, in the MTC, and in the misison field.
 
We have a mission nurse that we just call to see what we should do when we're sick. I didn't go anywhere. She just told me to eat cough drops and spray saltwater up my nose.
 
He told us he was a cop. Our Bishop is a cop too, but I heard him telling someone the other day that if he wasn't bishop he wouldn't be active, so I don't know if it's a good thing if he's bishop or not.
 
I visited that family once with the missionaries I think. Their son is or was your hometeaching companion right?. I'm the reason he's getting baptized, just so you know.
 
Basically if someone opens the Book of Mormon more than once that means that they're for sure going to get baptized. Any one that is going to progress always prays the first or second lesson. If they speak Castellano, then they can read. We spend about half the time teaching and half the time contacting. I've been contacting where all the rich people live and nobody there wants to know nothing.
 
Almost nobody that hasn't been a member a long time can read well. All the investigators struggle to understand what they read. Español is easy to read and pronounce well, and everyone here can do it, but understanding it is something different.
 
We have zone conference this wednesday.
 
Kami, A dog came to attack me once and I scared it off by opening my umbrella, it was pretty funny. Yeah, I email Justin (his cousin on a mission in Peru) sometimes.
 
Julia, You just have to pray to know if you should do things-read the part about Oliver Cowdery in Doctine and Covenants. Also, what we tell investigators a lot is that it is easier to rocognize answers to prayers if we ask yes or no questions, and it's way true.    My favorite scripture that I read this week is in Moses in the Pearl of Great Price, when Enoch asks why God cries. Just read it, I really liked it. My feet never stink. I got both of your letters.
 
Elder Bowles

No comments:

Post a Comment