This week was great. We had zone conference, and we were
able to apply basically all of it, and it really is helping. Our ward
really has started to do their visits and everything, and that is
helping the ward a lot. When I first
got here there was only 7 active families in my area, and now there´s
12, so we have a lot more support now.
We recently started doing a lot of visits with someone in our ward
that´s getting ready for the mission, and now he goes every week, and
all his friends started going to church again, and the young men in the
church Sunday doubled and it wasn't just a one week thing, so that´s awesome.
Also, the showers here don't have water
heater tanks or anything, they just have something that heats up the
water real fast as it goes through the pipes. Last week I was showering
and it exploded. If I wasn't awake before, I was after that. So now we
are showering with cold water while we try to get it fixed. I've never
had such an exciting shower experience before in my life. We haven´t really had all that much time to fix it, and none of the Paraguayans that I know have hot water to shower, so I decided I´d just
try it out for a couple weeks before I change it, it´s not that cold of
weather right now, so it´s not too bad.
One thing that I don´t enjoy as a missionary is when you don´t think a
joke is funny they think that you didn´t understand their Spanish, when
really it was just a super lame joke. Sometimes I say lame things to see
if people will think that it´s funny, and it almost always works.
They do have a different sense of humor., but some have been influenced
so much by the united states, that they´re super funny. When people ask
about my family and what you (Hailey) do to work, I just say that you work with
drug addicts, because I really don´t know.
I have seen 1 deer. My belt broke, but that´s
about all. I think I already said that Elder Hamilton got a huge hole
in his pants?
I think my encampment interview was with President Ogden. If I remember
right, and they gave me a mini Book of Mormon, and then we left because
the camp was about to get burnt down. And then I lost the Book of Mormon. That´s all I remember.
No none of the references from the ward were all that great at all, but at
least it gave me something to do. Right now we´re teaching L**s, who's
just a little special, Mabel, who accepted a baptismal date the first
time we met with her, but has lots of influences from lots of other
churches, and Robert, an atheist, one of the 10 atheists that I have
found in my whole mission.
Right now there are no missionaries that are serving
missions from my ward here, but there are 3 young men preparing, and
1 young woman preparing. The young man that lives on our side of the
ward usually spends a day with us every week.
I think my greatest
blessing of my mission is I learned how to enjoy the gospel.
When I look for it I do always feel god´s
love for me.
I really do enjoy being a missionary and just being able to focus on helping other people every day.
-Elder Bowles
No comments:
Post a Comment