Monday, June 24, 2013

Week 59 - Long Week, Got Sick, Ate Cowfoot, Funerals, Broadcast

This week was super long. It feels like I haven´t seen the sun in a long time. I got sick on Wednesday, and had a pretty strong fever, but I´m better now, and just have a bit of a sore throat. it was the first time in a year that I slept past 7, and then I just couldn´t sleep anymore, I guess I just am adjusted to the schedule. Me being sick and having rain basically the whole week made the week a tough one because everyone is deathly afraid of the rain here.
I don´t know if I mentioned it, but a couple weeks ago I tried cowfoot. it didn´t look all that appetizing, but when I ate it it wasn´t super appetizing either. Big surprise.

I don´t go to funerals here because they last 7 days and break several of the 10 commandments throughout the whole thing.
I have succesfully escaped any birthdays of my companions.
Happy Birthday, mom!
Well, the mission is the easiest place to forget about things back home.
I really liked the broadcast, the only downside was that I only saw one person from our ward there because the broadcast was in San Lorenzo, so I hope that at least the bishop watched it via internet. I really want them to apply it, but I don't have all that much faith that it will happen.My favorite part about Oklahoma and the drought. I think that if all the missionaries use Facebook that it will cause more obedience problems, and waste time, because our chapel isn't super close to our area.
It sounds like the new mission is just all the zones super close to Asuncion, so it will be super tiny, not sure though. 
We do not have any for sure baptisms coming up, but we do have a couple possibilities.
Here the people worship America, it´s kinda annoying, and yes they do watch American movies. 

 Elder Bowles

No comments:

Post a Comment