Monday, June 17, 2013

Week 58 - Kennedy - More People to Find, Drunk Dad's, Forgetting English, Impressions, Ask for a car

I found out this week that there were more people to find/help here, 2 inactive families and 2 investigators that went to church on sunday.This week was a great week, 2 inactive families that we had been working with went to church, and they all seemed to enjoy it a lot.
The other half of the ward isn´t doing so good because a disobedient missionary came in. That´s one thing that I hope is different in the other mission, that there aren´t as many disobedient missionaries. Here in Paraguay if you don´t excersize quick judgement, you can lose 2 hours in one house because everyone lets you in, and you lose time quick if you aren't judgemental. That´s one thing I hope doesn´t stick when I finish my mission.
 
Thanks for the pancake recipe.

For Fathers day there were tons of drunk people (fathers) in the street. I guess it is their day.

We visited someone who´s name is Ivan, and he went to church, so that´s kinda fun, We´ll see how it goes.
 
I know all the members by name, and most of them have actually got my name down, instead of just calling me Elder, they call me Elder Bowles now. That´s how I know that I´ve been an an area a long time, when they can finally pronounce my name.
I don´t remember the new mission president's name, its something weird though. He´s from Argentina as well, and has been the mission president for about a year. They haven´t given us the address of the mission office, I don´t even know how to get to it, so transfers will be really interesting when they happen. The switch is official July 1st. The whole zone of San Lorenzo goes to the Paraguay asunción mission, about 24 missionaries, as well as 2 other zones.
 
I wouldn´t really want to have my kids in day care. There was a family in my last area that took care of a little kid for someone, and the kid hated going home to be with his parents, because they treated him in one way, and his parents another. Also I feel like it would defeat the purpose of getting married (as far as for the kids). If I wanted kids in a daycare I could just go and have kids without getting married and throw them in a daycare.
 
I did like the graduation pictures.
 
The weather can´t decide if it wants to be hot or cold.
 
I have only really heard of one person that was super excited to be a desendent of Lehi.
 
It is only really hard for me to read the emails when there is a mistake, and then it really trips me up, I don´t know why.I don´t remember the hymns in English. If anything I´ve gotten worse at singing since I came to Paraguay, since EVERYONE here is tone deaf if they haven´t served a mission to a place where not everyone is tone deaf.
 
My favorite class in college was Chemistry 107 because all we did for the second half of the semester was make liquids change colors and bubble for about an hour each class.
 
Right now I just go where I haven´t gone that much before. I´ve gone everywhere at least once, and have walked on every street of my area.  
 
I always have impressions to do things for other people, that´s my job as a missionary. Personal revelation really is something precious.
 
I hike every day here in Paraguay.  I´m thinking about asking the office for a car, even though my area is super tiny, just to see what they say.
 
Elder Bowles
 

No comments:

Post a Comment