We helped a member with his poop well, it was really a let down. All we did was put dirt on top of it. We do stuff like that because sometimes we get bored of just cutting grass for service.
We had a conference in Asuncion, some old guy came and talked. it was really interesting. He said that 40 years ago there was only 10 missionaries in all of Paraguay.
There's this really good dessert here, here its called cream. It's this milky, creamy dessert that they put burnt sugar on top of, I have to learn how to make it.
I figured out why every one here says Adios instead of Hola it because Adios is Guarani for Hola, so it makes perfect sense, it just confuses people sometimes.
Yes, everyone grabbed blankets on their way out of zone conference.
Yes, I interact with kids a lot. they answer the door, and then say my dad says he isn't here and even though its happend hundreds of times it's still super funny.
Just study good for the bio final. my bio final if I remember right was the hardest final while I was taking it and I was sure I was going to get a c, but then I only missed 5 questions. Just pray about it and do your part.
It really is crazy how God takes care of the people who keep his commandments. I have heard a lot of things here about people being able to eat because of miracles from God, because some people here live day by day not knowing how they're going to eat the next day, but then something always happens.
We visited the veterans because we kinda got lost trying to contact a reference in a little forest of eucalyptus trees and we popped out there, and had some time, so we went and said hi to see if they would listen. but none of them really could physically listen, so we didn't go back.
the words for "to fast" in Spanish- ayunar. I for sure will at least take a test to get credits for my spanish skills if nothing else.
The primary kids are great here, and super funny as well, especially when they talk in Guarani. The mission hasn't really changed what I want to do when I get home, but it has made me think more about how I want to do the things I already wanted to do.
Elder Bowles
No comments:
Post a Comment