Monday, May 27, 2013

Week 55 - Kennedy - Veterans, New Mission?, Comfy Blankets, 35 Lessons a Week, Poop Well

This week was great. The family we reactivated is going to have the rest of them baptized this Saturday, and they are super excited.

I don´t know if I mentioned this, but a couple weeks ago we went and visited some veterans in the war of the Chaco, which happened a long time ago. They were crazy and spoke Guaraní. They can´t really get to church either because none of them walk very well. They have veterans from the guerra del chaco, which happened about the same time as World War 2, and basically only the Paraguayans and Bolivians remember it, since just them fought it. The Paraguayans say they used their machetes to kill the Bolivians and steal their guns. That´s how they won the war, but I don´t really believe it.
 
My companion will be trained 3 days before transfers. It´s going to be a weird transfer day. I find out in a week at this change if I get to stay in this mission or not.the possibilities are Mision Paraguay Asuncion Norte, mision Paraguay asuncion, and Argentina Posada. Since the other two are both robbing part of our mission.
All I remember about seminary graduatin is that we took a picture, and there was refreshments. That´s about it.
 
It´s not too cold yet. the mission just gave us big comfy blankets for the winter when we went to zone conference. I liked the cold better, but not as many people leave their house to talk to us when it´s cold, so that makes the work harder.I´m wearing the new pants and belt right now. 
 
I´ve heard of several cases where the person was baptized but not confirmed. It´s almost normal here. In this case their kid went to the hospital and then they moved to a different part of Paraguay. Part of the family are members and some aren´t.  There are 6 people in the family.
 
These last couple weeks we´ve been teaching 25ish lessons each week, in addition to that about 10 to less active members each week as well. gospel principles has about 20 people in it each week, some recent converts, some returning members, and some who just don´t like the normal Sunday School teacher.
 
I speak less than 30 words in English everyday si o si. I´ll run with Kami when I get back at least a couple times.
 
This week I ate rabbit for the first time. it was really good. The next thing on my list of things I want to try is anaconda and guinea pigs.
 
This week we´re going to help someone fix their poop well (I don´t remember what it´s called, it´s like a septic tank, but it´s not going to be as pretty). That should be interesting in one form or another, we´ll see what happens.
 
 
If they had Salvation Army here, everyone would go, just to get a free meal.
 
Cuando yo encontré a alguien que realmente estaba escuchando, y quiso saber más, yo sentí el espiritu muchisimo. Tay muchas personas que whoops really just want to talk, and it´s great to find someone with a sincere desire to find out more.
 
Two days ago we found a bug that was blue, looked like a wasp and was 4 inches long. I didn´t dare get too close to that thing.
 
I appreciate the Lord a a source of help instead of doing things just so I could go to the Celestial kingdom. The more you use the scriptures, the more you feel the spirit.
 
Love,  Elder Bowles

No comments:

Post a Comment