Monday, May 6, 2013

Week 52 - Family Comes to church, No Grapefruits, No boardgames, Close to temple

This week was great. Isaac came to church, and it was great having all three of them, Dominga, Yamila, and Isaac all there. Isaac is awesome. Really it is so much better when more than one person in a family get baptized together, because then they all support each other when they don´t want to do things. I know that families are really necesary to help people arrive at salvacion.

Saturday it rained all day long. and it rained really hard. I was super glad I had my umbrella.  I got super muddy, I accidentally stepped where someone´s pipe had broken and my whole leg got dyed brown from the mud. Luckily I didn´t get stuck. Not a single person let us in, so we went and shared scriptures with some members.

This week I ate lentil salad. It´s super good. It´s lentils, mayonaise, lemon juice, and onions. It sounds gross, but it´s super good.

It has started to get a little chilly here, it´s probably nothing, but after being hot for so long, it feels really cold.

Then towards the end of the night we found someone really cool named Hector. You know when someones great when they just ask you questions, and it was what you were thinking you were going to say anyways.

The bad news is that the storm knocked a lot of the few grapefruits that were still on the trees off of the trees, so it doesn´t seem like I´ll be able to eat many more of those.

The Saturday where everyone let us in, we went back to the contacts we did before, and talked with different members of the families. We´ll see what happens.
 
The water here is normal, like our water at home. It looks pretty gross, but if you wait about five minutes, the bubbles all go up and disappear.
 
When we mow lawns for service, we pretty much always we use machetes. One time I used a mower, but it was a crappy electric one that was held together with string.  It only is hard to use a machete if it´s thick grass. If it´s thin grass it´s super easy and fun.
 
I haven´t played a single board game in almost a year.
 
Here they´re having a ward temple trip the 18th. It´s easier to get to the temple in Asuncion from my area than it is to get to the temple in Sacramento from Chico.


Elder Ivan Bowles

 

No comments:

Post a Comment