Monday, May 20, 2013

Week 54 - Kennedy - Gospel Changes People, No License Required, Spider Bite, Package Received

It rained a ton this week. I´m super glad we have a warm shower, because it´s started to get pretty cold here. I turned on the heater for the first time this week.  I think it just feels really cold here because I haven't felt cold for a whole year now, and now that it´s come it surprised me big time.
 
We´ve been working with a family for a while now that hasn´t really progressed, but we´ve been visiting them for a while because the members always tell us we should visit them. Nothing really changed, but all the sudden they went one Sunday and said they were going to go forever,.  That same day that they went the dad was able to get a new job to have more time at home. That´s a blessing. They will all be baptized in two weeks from now.
 
We´re also teaching someone who used to do all kinds of drugs. Now all he does is smoke cigarettes, so that´s a lot healthier, and he went to church and loved it.  His name is L***, and he´s super funny, and wants to change his life. It´s great to know that anyone that accepts the gospel can enjoy all the blessings that God has for them, regardless of what they have done before in their life.
 
Since I came here, I don´t care who´s on the road. it´s dangerous no matter who is driving here in Paraguay. Basically all the roads are like Highway 99 that we take all the time to get to Red Bluff, with 4 times the traffic, licenses not required. Every day is an exciting day when you go to town.
Last week I went on run with Elder Aguilar, and he just about died. He started complaining and was impressed with how I wasn´t tired. I really was exhausted, but I just didn´t say anything. We´ll see if he ever wants to do that again. My companion got bit in the eye by a spider. I took a picture, he looks like a meth addict. 
 
There is one animal that makes super wierd noises. its a cross between the sound that a dove makes with the sound that a pheasant makes.
 
I got the package! (which we sent March 1st) I really did like it. I was glad there was more syrup. At first I thought the pants were black (they're brown), and then I realized that the pants I have now just aren´t as dark brown as they used to be, maybe sunbleached. My trainer had a pair of black pants that turned brown because of the sun. The Koolaid was a nice surprise as well.  Of course I absolutely loved the Reeses, Butterfinger and other candy. The belt´s great too -  reversible, super fancy.
 
Church attendance is normal for now. The one convert who was planning on going on a mission I haven´t been able to get a hold of. We found someone the other week who was baptized but never confirmed, we´re going to have to fix that.  We had 3 investigadors in church on Sunday.
 
For our Mother's Day calls, my companion used a phone. His family doesn't have internet.
 
The last thing I bought was my collectivo ticket. Before that it was these wafer things that I think I´m addicted to.
 
Elder Ivan Bowles
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment