Yesterday in church, two people just showed up, Dominga and Yamila, it was super awesome, because people basically never just show up at church without having been at least invited by us. I had never even seen them before, and they live super close to our house, so that makes it even easier. And, the daughter has a boyfriend that´s Mormon and knows a lot of people from Salado, (where I was before), so that was kinda fun.
It was fast and testimony meeting yesterday, and all of the testimonies were really good, everyone just shared what they knew to be true, and why it was important to them.
I got the package with the socks and the candy. I have really enjoyed wearing them all for the first time, before they get dried on a clothesline. They are super comfortable, thank you so much. I also really enjoyed the candy. Paraguayan candy just isn´t the same as american candy.
We had Zone Conference this week, I really enjoyed it, I always enjoy when the mission president´s wife gives her testimony in English. It just really shows how important something is to her when she struggles through the language barrier to tell it to us.
Also, for service this week, we helped someone sort through a mountain of trash to find bottles, plastic bags, and scrap metal. It was super fun. And then we burned it. Paraguay is just awesome!
Elder Bowles
I realized you hadn´t seen a picture of my companion yet, so here one is. I also sent a nice picture that how green paraguay really is (this picture was in poor taste for posting, if you want it, send me a message and I will forward it).
Mom-I decided that the guia para las escrituras (Spanish version of the topical guide) is way better than the topical guide in English, because it has the bible dictionary and the guide smashed into one, so you only have to look stuff up once, and it explains things better. Studying the scriptures is one of my favorite (and one of the only) things to do. I enjoyed the cheese sauce, but I still have some because they really don´t have tortilla chips or anything in all that many places, you have to search. I was thinking it would also be nice to have some more money for recuerdos (souveirs) I´m not sure how it´s spelled) so if you could transfer some money to checking that would be awesome. I always want candy. Also whatever else.
Dad- No, Mauricio got work and moved to Capiata, just a town over, so the missionaries there are gonna love him as a reference. We get to go to the temple in April, I hope. Once a year. Here they have something called Semana Santa (holy week), where it just sounds most of Paraguay parties while the catholics that actually do things do something else, like not eat something for 40 days.
Most people agree to what we say, just right there after we say it, but refuse to do anything about it later. I really do hope they just don´t uderstand. Most of the time our focus is on how Jesus formed just 1 church when he came, and how important that is, because here most people just go to whatever church is closest to their house, not even caring what kind of church it is.
Julia-Here fast and testimony meeting is great. In Salado, it was kinda weird sometimes. But here, one thing that they do often is the couples get up and both stand behind the pulpit and share their testimonies together, it´s kinda interesting. Right now paciencia is my topic, because I absolutely love my life when I´m out working. I think you're gonna get called to serve your mission in Utah now that you're moving to Idaho. My english is so bad I had to think about if it was know or now, and write or right.
No comments:
Post a Comment