Monday, February 25, 2013

Week 42 - Kennedy - Awesome guy, New Mission in Argentina, Favorite Part is Investigators Coming to Church

 
A medium sized storm coming in


This week was awesome! We found an awesome guy on Saturday, we found his mom contacting, and she said to come back to talk to her son. We did, and then he came to church the next day. He almost got baptized already, but something happened. We´re not sure what yet though, because he doesn´t speak all that much Spanish, and we´ve only gone over there once. His name is M**r*c**, and he´s fifty something. He said he´s been reading the Book of Mormon for the last 6 months or so, so that´s real awesome.

Some crazy things are happening in the missions down here because of all the new misisonaries, they´re making a new mission in Argentina, which is gonna steal some of Southern Paraguay, and then the Paraguay Asuncion Mission is going to steal Caacupe, San Lorenzo, and La Paloma from our mission. So I may end up in the south mission if I´m still here in July, since I´m in San Lorenzo. We´ll see what happens

Elder Bowles

I´m gonna send the email about our new mission president and the mission changes as well, Pres McMuffin (it is actually McMullin) or something like that, some old guy from Utah. Google translate should help you read it, sometimes it makes funny mistakes.

I also attached a picture that I took when I was bored waiting for a collectivo near our house.

Dad- The spider wasnt that big, I just zoomed in on it. My Guarani is still very basic. We always write letters from cybers. We have somebody especially assigned to teach the gospel principles class, it´s super awesome, because we don´t ever have to teach it. We do attend ward council, do the missionaries there?

My favorite part of the week is when just one person out of all the people that said they would come to church actually come. That´s super awesome that there are sister missionaries there now.
Julia- They do anything on exchanges, with the members, or visiting whoever, who may or may not be there. You should get a Preach my Gospel to really impress them, and study it. It would be awesome if the youth here did exchanges with us every week like they do there.

Mom- Here everyone has babies super young, so I can imagine that, because I´ve seen a lot of 15-year-olds pregnant.

My interaction with little kids is when their parents send them out to lie to us to tell us they´re not there. And we can always here them say ´tell them we´re not here," and then the kid comes out and says that they´re not here. It´s kinda sad that the parents make their kids lie, just so they don´t have to reject or talk to us. But also, the kids of the members here talk to us alot. As missionaries we´re not supposed to have kids on our laps. If you go to poor parts the kids always speak Guaraní.



 
While waiting for the collectivo near their home
 
 
Ivan's new home after his transfer
 
 
House across the street (which is what their house used to look like)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment