Monday, February 4, 2013

Week 39 - Kennedy, 2 More Baptisms, Bigfoot, Favorite Part is Right NOW.

This week was great, On Friday Hermano Britez asked if the baptism of D. could be at aboutt 1 in the afternoon, so it was. Not as many people showed up, since that was in the middle of the siesta, but it was still awesome. The dad recently made some big changes in his life and started going to chruch again. I really do like being a missionary.

This week as well our ward also made some plans to get more to church, if they follow through it´s gonna be awesome here.

It´s been super hot a couple days this week, I really want it to rain at least a little bit, since the hotter it is, the longer people sleep in after lunch, which makes being a missionary a little tricky.

W. is all good to go to be baptized this Saturday as well, he´s so prepared, we went to teach him the law of tithing, and he already knew what it was and basically called everyone fools who doesn´t want to pay their tithing, so that made things easy.

I don´t know if I´ve mentioned this before, but here a lot of people beleive in something called the Pombero, who basically sounds like Bigfoot, but he throws things at people during the night time, and the only way to get him to go away is to give him beer and cigarettes, and then he becomes your friend and guards your house from robbers. Kinda funny, but a lot of people really beleive that he exists, especially the farther towards the parts with less houses. That´s all

Elder Bowles

Mom-I do keep a journal, and I usually write in it about once a week, sometimes a little more often. Basically just when I remember and have time. How old is Grandpa now?
 
Dad-The more I speak in Spanish the easier it is. I don´t have that much trouble at all now. Every once in a while I don´t know a word. Some words I haven´t known recently have been gargarear (to gargle) and lanzar (to launch) words that I just didn´t ever hear before and I might not ever hear again.
 
My comp goes home in September, I don´t know how long he´s been out.
 
I think a huge reason that Paraguayans are more receptive is because almost all of them believe in God. (I´ve only ran into 2 people so far in 6 months that admitted to not beleiving in Jesus, only 1 who didn´t believe in God) So that gets rid of one huge step that missionaries face in the states. And they are used to people coming by and sharing about god, so when we come and they see we have something special they either love it, because it´s true, or hate it because they´re lazy. More choose the second.
 
Everyone here says they´re allergic to change in weather. It´s super funny.

Kami- Someone in our ward has a sore on her leg that is about the size of a golf ball, and comes back about every six month if it goes away at all. Everyone here says they´re allergic to change in weather. It´s super funny.
 
Julia- I was just reading through the emails and realized I didn´t get one from Julia, and then one popped up in the inbox, so that was handy. How many missionaries are assigned to our stake in Chico?

My favorite part of my mission is right now. I´m gonna see if I can do my part to always keep it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment