Monday, February 11, 2013

Week 40 - Kennedy - Cement on his arms, Leaks in their roof, Patriarch plays soccer

This week was great. On Saturday, when we had planned W's baptism, there were 5 other little girls that got baptized that same day, their whole family recently started going to church again. We had planned the baptism at 6:00, and President Madariaga and his wife showed up with some extra baptizmal clothes(one of the good problems of the day) and W. showed up about a half hour late because his boss at work made him work 3 hours later than he usually does. He still had cement on his arms when he went into the font, it was super great. That was my highlight of the week, the whole week didn't go that well until Saturday happened.

There was a bigger storm last night, it rained super hard. There's about 6 or 7 leaks in our roof, so that's kinda fun, luckily most of them are in the kitchen area where we don't really keep anything.

The stake patriarch lives in our area, and he went to visit a family with us that we had found that only really speaks Guarani.  When we got there, he saw the 17 year-old son, and said, "Hey, I already know him." in Spanish.  I asked how, and he said that he plays soccer with him at the field infront of his house (he's about 70 years-old).  I saw him playing later this week as we walked by, and he's surprisingly good. Him and a bunch of young guys (16 to 20 years-old) were playing.

We'll find out tonight if Elder Johnson and I stay together here in Kennedy B.

Elder Bowles

Julia-no. We can't see the stars that well here because we are too close to Asuncion, and there are too many lights. It was the same in Salado as well.

Before one of the most distracting things as a missionary was when we were in lessons and someone would just flop out their stuff and start breast feeding. But it's happened so many times now that it's just kind of normal. Now after that pretty much nothing can distract me.

Dad-That's super awesome that there are 4 baptisms there. Make sure the ward works good and takes care of them. That is really what matters most. Anyone can feel the spirit and get baptized. Here the ward just doesn't work as good because almost everyone are converts.

The siesta starts after lunch (1 o clock), and lasts anywhere from 2 to 3.5 hours. so we make sure to schedule people for that time, and see if they follow through after they agree to that time.

Mom- I read that scripture (most of Doctrine and Covenants 76) this morning already, and I really enjoyed it. really we just need to focus on what is important, and it makes everything else easier. I haven't gotten any packages lately, I will find out if I have one either this week if Johnson leaves and we go to the office, or at zone conference this month (when we go to the office). Or if the office elders decide to be nice and call to let me know. I would like one more pair of those brown pants that I have, if that place still has them.. They're super nice because they don't look as dirty as fast, and if I ever poop my pants it will be less embarrassing. Contacts would be nice. and of course, American candy. syrup too, I'm almost out. Those are the things that come to mind right away.

Kami- I got to baptize D. Do you study in bed or at the table? Studying at the table really does help, as well as having questions or things that are going on in life in your mind as you read. Trials do make you stronger, my comp right now doesn't like to talk, and takes a long time to make decisions, and becasue of that I've had to compensate by talking alot and making decisions faster than before. Trials are the reason for this life. That's just how it is. If you don't learn from them, or try to stay the same, than you don't benefit or take advantage of this life at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment