Monday, March 11, 2013

Week 44 - Kennedy - Stake Conference, Poofy Tacos, No Power Again, Going to be a Trainer

This week was great. We had stake conference here in the stake center of San Lorenzo, it was great. President Madariaga spoke, as well as his wife. It was way different hearing a mission president speak in stake conference now that I´m a missionary.

Dominga and Yamila both came to stake conference as well, they said they really enjoyed it. It took about 30 min in collectivo, so since they made it there, we know for sure that they´re interested. Right now they are scheduled for the 23rd for their baptism. And they are super excited.

Something that may sound kinda weird is that here, one food that is really good at this Lebanese restaurant. It´s called a Lomito Arabe. It´s like that one poofy taco they have at Taco Bell (Chalupa), but it´s shaped like a burrito, and it´s way better. And they have them all over the place here.
 Today we woke up without power again. This last week, we´ve been out of power more than we´ve actually had it, since my comp broke the main power switch for the whole house. Luckily the dispensa right next to our house sells ice for super cheap. I really do appreciate electricity.

Elder Bowles

Mom - I will definitely try the cheese sauce on noodles when I get a chance. Performing a baptism is awesome. you just feel like you are exactly where God wants you to be. The most humble/spiritual moment there can be. Ministering of angels for me means that God sends divine help to you. (check out the new testament when Jesus sends angels to Juan in jail, just spiritually not literally).  
I just eavesdropped on the zone leader getting changes in the cyber behind us, and I am getting a new comp, but I don´t know who yet. I guess I´ll find out Wednesday. I haven´t gotten a package of Christmas cards from the ward members yet.
Julia-that´s really cool that you are going to be room mates with Andrea. We never knock on the doors (we clap or just say ´permiso´and walk into their yard) and the majority of them already know who we are.
Dad-I´m not sure why it´s called Kennedy, but there are a lot of neighborhoods here in Asuncion that are named American names because Americans helped out with the pobreza poorness here and they just named that part of Paraguay for that person. 
I´m training some new guy this Wednesday. Chances are he´ll only speak Spanish, so that´ll help. I hope.
Kami-  Your email didn't get through this week. You should just send me the new and old ones, so I can catch up on everything that happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment