Monday, February 17, 2014

Week 93 - Emergency Drill, Another Baptism, Shifty Tortillas, Different Accents

Today we had an emergency drill, they sent us all a phone call, and we had to get to the chapel as fast as we could with our emergency bags, so that was fun.

This week was pretty dang good, GA was baptized, and is super happy, she brought her nephews and everything she was so excited.  This week was harder until the weekend, because a lot of people rejected us.  GA fell and sprained her ankle, and a member that didn´t sleep a wink and had a migraine went to take her to church in her car so that she wouldn´t have to walk with her 2 year-old kid and her 2 other nephews.

DO came to church, and said that his landlord didn´t want us talking to him, so we´ll be meeting with him in the chapel.  He´s a super awesome guy.

Someone gave us some shifty tortillas this week, and my companion went to the bathroom soooo much on Saturday, so that was a drag, but it´s one of those things that you´ve just got to do. Yes, the companion has to wait outside the bathroom, so that´s why we avoid going to the bathroom too often.
I haven´t seen any spiders, but we did find a scorpion in the house.
 
Our district meetings are in Spanish. For me all the South Americans sound almost the same, the Central Americans have more of the culture of the United States.  The Peruvians don´t ever finish their sentences, and the Argentinians just speak like they have marbles in their mouth and with really weird accentuations, and everyone here in Paraguay makes fun of the Argentinian accent. Bolivians speak like the Peruvians, but they actually finish their sentences.
 
We have transfers in about 3 weeks, as of now I am still with Elder P in Tayuasapé.  I am pretty sure I will get another area and companion this next change (3 weeks from now) but there´s work for us to do here in Tayuasapé first.
 
One of our neighbors likes us, and the other one doesn´t really talk to us.
 
I eat from the stores on the street, but the people that sell stuff on buses I rarely ever buy from them. When someone gives us food, I always eat it, there´s a scripture in the New Testament and the end of marcos lucas mateo o juan that says that the disciples will be able to eat harmful things and not be hurt, but I try not to try that scripture too much.
 
I met some guy that works as a nurse here and he works from 6 in the morning until 2 in the afternoon, which would be an awesome schedule.
 
-Elder Bowles

No comments:

Post a Comment