It´s been pretty hot this week, now we need some rain down here, all the grass is dying on the sides of the roads, I don´t think I´ve seen dead grass since I got to Paraguay. Here there hasn´t been as much rain as normal, but here there´s so much water everywhere that it doesn´t really matter, one family that we visit quite often has a well with a bucket, and it´s only about 15 feet deep and there´s the water there at the bottom, Everyone is outside when it´s hot, so that makes it nice for us. This week someone told us that he didn´t beleive in Jesus ¨right now.¨ I think it was just becasue he didn´t want to talk to us, but whatever, we were looking for a reference from hermana Ida, and we clapped a house and the one next to it opened up and said that they were tired but they wanted to talk to us, and the whole family was there, and asked if it would be ok if they went to church, and wanted to know when it started, so that was awesome.
I actually really liked one of the ties (the Elder's Quorum sent ugly ties to the missionaries), because it has brown, grey and blue stripes so I can wear it with any of my pants. One of them had a nice tear in it though, I wore that one yesterday and tied it so that it was hidden by the collar.
People here have gardens sometimes, and grow lemons, oranges, mandioca, and then the people with really big ones grow other stuff.
Of course I´ll remember how to drive when I get back.
We have a gospel pricniples teacher here in tTayuasape, so that´s nice.
We had GA and AA at church this week.
In all my time in paraguay i´ve seen a couple burger kings and mcdonanlds and one pizza hut.
I´ve opened my english scriptures twice this year, I like the spanish scripture study guide a lot more than the english one.
A lot of the members here have cars and motorcycles, so they just come when and where we need them, it´s super nice.
I´ll be heading back to the states the 4th or 5th of June. I think I´m gonna have 2 more roomies before I leave.It´s weird though becasue I have gotten so used to living in Paraguay. It´s super great down here, everyone is nice, the land is beautiful, and i´m in a good cause, it can´t get much better than that.
-Elder Bowles
No comments:
Post a Comment