Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Week 90 - Fancy People, Slummin' it, Bladder Size, Family Comes to Church

This week was pretty good, a family that we had been teaching came to church this week, and the dad at least wants to go every week. I´m super happy, my favorite part of the week was when the family came to church.

We´re teaching lots of fancy people, they really like it when I compliment their house, and so that makes it surprisingly easy to talk to them, the absolutely fanciest house in my area is about the size of PB´s House, and the smallest house is smaller than my bedroom, and everyone likes compliments, so that´s been fun this week.  The house  is a member´s house, there isn´t a door to the bathroom, because it´s just a bathroom. I´ve only heard of one case when someone´s toilet was robbed. the toilet you saw is out of order, I used the one that´s behind the tarp, with a seat resting on some bricks.

I decided I really like greasy, fatty noodles.
 
The fish head soup was good. I´m pretty sure they just boiled the fish in the soup to cook it.  It´s good though because they put a bunch of salt in it.
 
My shoes are holing (I hope he means holding and not getting more holes) up pretty good.
 
The house  picture I sent is on the poorer side (for this area).  It would be about normal, just a little old for my other areas.
 
I do like hearing about the ward  and everything and extended family.   
 
Exchanges are fun just because it changes things up for a day.
 
Here it´s raining about every other day, and everything is green
 
We live right next to a slum, and so it´s kinda loud at night sometimes.  
 
I´ve been drinking sooo much water, about 4 to 6 liters everyday, I swear my bladder has doubled in size, that´s the fun news for this week.
 
-Elder Bowles

1 comment:

  1. Dear Elder Bowles, I wrote you a letter, but it disappeared before I could post it. So…try again! It is interesting reading about your life on a mission in Paraguay, altho' I think you may suffer from culture shock when you return home. Now, I can't remember what I wrote before, so will have to sign off, wishing you well in your remaining weeks and months in Paraguay. Sincerely, Sister Betty Dimmitt

    ReplyDelete