Monday, January 13, 2014

Week 88 - Communication is a Solution, Buying a Machette, Enjoy Life!

This week was pretty dang good, We´ve had a inactve member who doesn´t really like the bishop, so I set up an appointment with me and my companion and the bishop to go and do some visits... and then she went to church and brought her daughter in law as well.  It seems like everything's better now, and her daughter in law really liked church as well. Communication is the solution to everything, and the bishop has a car, so that meant less walking!

This week was an awesome week, someone called *m*l** went to church, and loved it, and wants to get baptized, she just needs to get married first. This week I met a Buddhist, so that was pretty crazy, he´s Japanese.

This week it has been a bit cooler, we saw it was about to rain, and so we contacted him to get under the roof, and the whole time while it was raining he kept raising his eyebrows at my companion, and when ever he heard thunder he made funny noises, it was interesting...

I had seen people do the cigarette drink before, and I´d never heard of it not working, so we tried it out. we just broke the cigarettes and poured it in the water.

Basically the people here are the smartest people I´ve taught in all my mission, and they actually know of other ways to find answers to their questions besides prayer, so that´s why it´s a little harder.
The members here are well enough off, the area in general is well off.
 
I can buy machetes at hardware stores, there are about 4 in my area, or some despensas, or anywhere in the city.
 
Just decide to enjoy life, and then you will. it´s as easy as that.
 
-Elder Bowles
 

No comments:

Post a Comment