Monday, September 23, 2013

Week 72 - Buses, Pink lightening, Seizure at church, Fish Eye Balls

This week was pretty normal. Nothing super fantastic happened. We spent a lot of time in buses this week.  We went to Asunción, Coronel Oviedo and Paso Yobai, so that was quite a bit of just sitting down, which is kinda hard for me now. This week we were almost late for the last bus back to our area because some guy wanted a Book of Mormon, so that was a good problem, I can´t complain about that, hopefully he reads it.
 
 It´s been raining again, so that always makes the work a little harder, but if we work hard enough, there´s always people ready to listen (and hopefully act). We had a really stormy night last night, the wind blew the window open while I was sleeping. Luckily it seems that it only really start raining right after we get under a roof, so that´s super nice.
 
This week a member had a seizure before church started, it surprised me quite a bit. He had been going to church for quite some time, so everyone knew what to do since it had happened before, so that was good. What is the correct thing to do when someone has a seizure?
 
There was a big lightning storm here last night and several times last week. Here the lightning is pink sometimes because of the polution.
 
I took a temple preparation class once for a week, and then the teacher got sick or something so it kind of ended.
 
The ´biggest problem´ with my roomates in college was that no one wanted to buy toilet paper, so I had my own stash in my closet that nobody knew about.
 
I´m sure the goat (who gave the milk he tried) wasn´t eating things that were super healthy because people here don´t really care what their animals eat. Here in Villarrica all the eggs from the store have really thin whites and super big yolks, it´s kinda different

F*d*l is about 60ish I think. He can´t read because his eyes almost don´t work. When we invited him to church the first time, he asked us to wear the same ties so that he could recognize us, so we did, but we told him we would be wearing suits as well. We ordered a big Book of Mormon for F*d*l so that he can start to read soon.His baptism is this Saturday, along with an awesome member reference in Paso Yobai, so it´s going to be a crazy day.
 
I think we will watch General Conference here in Villarrica, but I´m not sure. It´s springtime here, so it´s super rainy. Some members still do their prayers very similarly to the Padre Nuestro (Our father? the one in Matthew 6) but that´s ok. We use rolls for the sacrament bread.
 
The scripture that I have used the most this week is Matthew 6:7, but my favorite scripture right now is probably Éter 12:23.
 
You had more youth in the temple in one day than we had people in church on Sunday. That is awesome.this week we set a landmark because there were more non missionaries than missionaries in Elders Quorum.
 
The fish soup we ate was really good. It did have bones and fins and everything, but this time at least I didn´t get any eyes.
 
-Elder Bowles

No comments:

Post a Comment