LDS Chapel in Paso Yobai
This week was a rough one, just about everyone who we put
appointments with wasn´t there when we went back, but 3 men of the few
people who were there all went to church, so that made it all worth it,
and they all seemed to have felt something special there, and that is
just what they need. That is really how it is. Out of all the thousands
of people I have talked to and will talk to, some people are just ready
for the truth and the blessings.
On our way out of one of our visits I
got a scrape from someone´s barbed wired clothesline, that just shows
how lucky I am, since almost every house in Paraguay has a barbed wire
clothesline, and just now after a year or so one got me. One of my companions
would hit almost every one of them.
It´s rainy today, last week it warmed up for a couple of days, it was
really nice, I actually wore a short sleeved shirt for a couple days.
From 8
to 9am we have personal study, 9 to 11 companion study, 11 to 12 language study. During
the first 12 weeks of someones time in the mission this is the schedule,
normally there´s a little less companion study and sometimes less language
study.
My companion is the second youngest in his family. if I remember
right his parents used to be inactive, but now they´re active. He just
hadn't heated up leftovers before, this week I taught him how to cook
noodles, and how to fry sausage, he´s becoming a real cook.
Luckily, Elder Reyes, one of the other missionaries in
the ward knows how to play the piano.
The first thing I would do if I
was in Paraguay and someone told me to make money off of 20 bucks, I
would buy some bananas and jump on the colectivo and sell them.
My project of the day is fixing the fan that we have, because we´re really going to need it in a week or so.
My project of the day is fixing the fan that we have, because we´re really going to need it in a week or so.
I
actually weighed myself in a Pharmacy, just before writing, and the scale
says I weigh 73.3 kilograms (160 pounds). You can figure out if I gained weight, and
if you think the scale was reliable (its very possible it wasn't). Paraguayans are skinnier than Americans. I've only seen one super fat
person in all my time here, (instead of every time I go into town in the
states).
The harp music here sounds very good.
-Elder Bowles
No comments:
Post a Comment