Monday, October 29, 2012

Week 25 - Salado - Trip to the Hospital, 2 Baptisms, Elder Bednar, Pretending to speak Guarani, Cost of items

This week was crazy.

Elder Feirerra went to the hospital Monday night, and didn´t come back until Thursday night. It turned out that all he had were kidney stones too. It didn´t sound fun at all. And to make things worse, he has two of them.

Then Sonia and Richard both had their baptisms on Friday. It was great. They both mostly speak Guaraní, and after the baptism a whole bunch of members bore their testimonies in Guaraní, so that just made it even better. One lady said HaHa a lot. I guess it´s a word in guarani, but it just sounded really weird mixed in with everything else. Three 8 year-olds got baptized the same night as well.

Elder Bednar (one of the 12 Apostles) came on Saturday, we took a early morning trip, catching a collectivo at about 5 to go down to the south mission to hear from him. He was super blunt, it was awesome. He told us that he only had 3 hours, and so he wasn´t gonna waste any of it being nice. That´s not exactly what he said,but it´s pretty close.

I went over to Asunción today to sign into the country. I don´t know why we didn´t just do it before, but whatever.

Elder Bowles

Mom- It is hard as young missionaries to deal with serious situations, but really we´re just the people who help them go to God for help. And doing that is easy if they have an open heart.
 
Dad- I read Ether this week too. The thing that I thought was interesting was that it still took them hundreds of days to get there. A lot of times we don´t realize how much we really have been helped by trials or by god in general until much later. 
 
A loaf of bread costs about 11 mil (thousand) Guaranís which is equals to about 2ish dollars. 1 liter of juice costs 6 mil Guaranís.
 
People pretend to only speak Guaraní all the time. Sometimes we start contacts by saying hi, how's it going in Guaraní, and sayin it´s hot outside and something about Jesus in Guaraní until they think that we know Guarani, and then they switch to Spanish on accident sometimes. We just try to speak enough that they think we know it, to get rid of one of their excuses.
 
Hermano Britez, the first counselor in the bishopric is real aweome. He is very sincere, and says everything to your face, but he really does hold the ward together and bring the rest of the bishopric back to earth when they have crazy plans.
 
Julia- I would say there´s a big rainstorm about every couple of weeks, because it´s Springtime. I´d say I lost the weight I´ve gained in the MTC no mas. Thats super exciting that you have applied to college.Now all you need to do is listen to mom and get scholarships.

Kami-Rainstorms just feel great, because it cools everything off for a couple of days. Thats awesome about your test.

 
 
 
Sonia's friends and family at her baptism
 
 
Everyone who came for the 5 baptisms.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment