Friday, July 6, 2012

Week 8 - MTC - July 4th Missionary Style, Washing Doorknobs, Failing Clean Check

No travel plans yet, hopefully they´ll come today sometime.
We get to clean the temple today at twelve fifteen, so that´s gonna be awesome.

During our last lesson to our "investigator," I accidentally said that there were usually "desiertos" after baptisms, but it really means wildernesses, so that wasn't too great.

We finally were able to find the Paraguayan teacher and learn a couple Guaraní words yesterday, so that was awesome. I might get to use a machete when I'm down there, so if that happens it'll be amazing.

We had a fourth of July thing here in the MTC, where there was a devotional thing and afterwards we got ice cream and got to watch the fireworks, so that was awesome.  Some of the fireworks were behind the trees though, so that was too bad. When the devotional was over, the mission pres counselor told us to please not return to the residences until the fireworks were over, so that was cool, since it was 10ish when he said that.

We did service today, and I cleaned all the doorknobs in a building and I kept forgetting that there were people in the classrooms, and they would keep opening the doors to see what was going on. Oh well. When I was cleaning though, there was one missionary who was going to Mongolia, who had been here for 14 weeks ,two more than normal for someone going there, since his visa hadn´t come through. But there was someone else who got here the same day I did who was supposed to go to Germany but tore his ACL or something, and has to be here for another 2 months. I can´t even imagine having to be here that much longer, a week and a half seems like a long time to me right now.

During TRC we taught a 19 year-old who knew English, Spanish and Italian. He moved to Argentina when he was 5 from Italy, and then to the U.S. later, he was pretty cool. For the longest time I thought he was saying that when he returns to the earth, (La tierra), he was gonna go on a mission, but then towards the end I realized he was saying La Argentina, so that made more sense. 

Our district failed our clean check pretty bad yesterday for our classroom, since we forgot to clean it cuz of the fireworks and all. I feel bad that someone had to check it in between the fireworks and when we got there in the morning Thursday.

I really just want to leave and go to Paraguay, can´t wait to get down there and really start my mission.

Che Rohaihu Nde (Love you all- i think),

Elder Ivan Bowles

Mom,  I will send the stuff when I get it, don´t worry, and I have the phone card, and I will check about the cord thing, but they made it pretty hard to attach things to the email here at the MTC.

Dad, Thanks for lettin me know the situation in Paraguay, my companions had only heard a little bit from someone else,  and were both freaking out, which was kinda annoying.

Julia, no I haven´t seen the fire dance here, I think i did a long time ago somewhere else.  I don´t remember why, but Elder Fakava did show us the Haka before he left, he said that when when people first came to their island  a long time ago they did it to scare them. Then he said that when white people first came to the islands nearer New Zealand the people there did it and then they killed the ones that showed any fear, so I´m glad I´m not going there.

Hailey, I did say I gained 10 pounds, now its 12 but good thing I´m leaving real soon, I have been eating a little less though now. Are you going to work as a social worker or at the waterpark?
Kami, How was trek for you? how do you like your new contacts?



Missionaries viewing the fireworks from the MTC


An Elder Thompson getting into the spirit of the 4th

No comments:

Post a Comment