This week was awesome. I've been teaching way more than I ever thought I'd be able to in this small amount of time, but I still have no idea what´s going on most of the time. Right when I first meet anyone in our ward, they always ask if i know Guarani after I couldn´t really talk to them in Spanish, so that´s kinda hard. Whenever i feel like I almost am understanding what's going on, whoever we´re talking to starts to throw in Guarani words too, and then i really get lost. Church is pretty hard to understand, just like the rest of my life right now.
I´m still not that much of a help at all to Elder Hamilton when we try to find people or in lessons. Juan Carlos the new convert has been coming out with us to help us teach, he´s awesome, he always asks if he really has to wait a while to go on his mission, and he´s already helped us out for probably 2 full days in the last week since his baptism. We also taught some.
I ate a lot of giso this last week, I really don´t know how they make it, but its some kind of pasta, and it´s really good. They don´t have ketchup or syrup here, so Elder Hamilton put some sugar and water in a pan and burnt it, and it tasted a lot like syrup. The bananas they sell here are super tiny compared to the ones back home, kinda interesting. They do put eggs on the hamburgers here, and it's really good.
It rained real hard one day this week, and on and off for a couple other days. When it rains here, people stay home from work and just sleep. So that makes it hard to find people. I had my first district meeting on Tuesday, and the district leader has a fake eye that he took out for us, it was pretty cool.
I saw three dead dogs by the road this week, i guess it only makes sense with how many there are running around the streets here.
Limpio has 10 or 15 thousand people in it, someone told me how many i just can't remember where it fell in there.
There are tons of palm trees here, its weird seeing them when they´re not all in straight lines by a street or something like they are back in the states.
We have one of those bidet things that you can use instead of toilet paper, I haven´t used it yet though.
I said last week that there was a lot of garbage, that was a lie, in some places the streets are basically made of garbage there´s so much. Some parts of the area are really pretty.
Elder Bowles
Mom-my comp does have a converter for a sd card, so i will try that out next week and see if that works to send a picture. The toilet is supposed to flush, but we just pour water down it with a bucket to get it to flush because the button doesn´t work. I haven´t heard on the suitcase yet, but I´m gonna be in Salado for 2 whole changes with Elder Hamiton, so that should give them enough time to take care of it. Also zone conference is coming up in the next couple weeks, so I might be able to check up on it then.
No comments:
Post a Comment