Friday, June 8, 2012

Week 4 - MTC - Messy Room, Cleaning the Bathroom, Crowded Wednesdays

I am learning all I wanted to and more here. Elder Meek and Elder Johnston are in the Dominican Republic now, so our district is down to 9 people. One of our two Spanish teachers, Brother Stevens, tells chistes (jokes) most days he teaches. I'm not sure if they not that funny or if I'm just not getting them because they're in Spanish.

Our room kinda didn't pass a clean check.  The paper they gave us had acceptable and unacceptable both circled so I don''t know what that means.  Mostly probably because I didn't use my clothes bag that day and one of my companions didn't find his in his suitcase until today.

Marlin Jensen, a Seventy, talked on Tuesday, it was spiritual and funny at the same time, so that's always nice.

They got jalapeno bagels here so those are really good, and the egg rolls are good too.  I get as many as I can the meal after they have them from the leftover bar, cuz then I can grab like 5 or 6 as part of my meal, it's great.

I got a haircut today, didn't really need one, but my comps were getting them, and they don't charge you, so whatever.  I broke my toothpaste yesterday, kinda annoying, threw it on the ground in the bathroom and it just kinda popped. I fixed the tube, so I'll have that the rest of the time I'm here at the MTC.

A midget moved into our residence building, it was soo cool, he's probalbly 3ish feet tall. Crazy.

Also, I was talking to somebody who was going to Ukraine, and  I am super glad that I'm going Spanish speaking. He had to learn Russian and Ukrainian (I think that's what it was called, whatever they speak in Ukraine). I also heard that some people who go to Parguay end up learning Portugese as well as Spanish and Guarani.

When we were cleaning the bathroom this week, the person who was with us had lived in Paraguay for a little bit, so we learned some more things about Paraguay. Guarani isn't written down like at all, so that's why they don't teach us it in the MTC, because it would be hard to do. Also we heard that sometimes they say Adios as hello in Paraguay, so thats kinda different. But cleaning the bathroom is fun, you pretty much just spray everything with soap bubbles, and it looks like it snowed inside, so that's cool. Then the person who was in charge came in and said I didn''t need to use that much the next time. It was fun tho.

The MTC has soo many people here. Every Wednesday the lines in the cafeteria are longer becasue of the new missionaries. They hadn't seen the spinny tray taker that everyone puts their dirty dishes on when they're done, so they just kinda stand there and stare at it while they try to decide what to do, it's pretty funny.

Love, Elder Bowles


Ivan's "fixed" toothpaste


The Elder's room


They go EVERYWHERE with their companions, including the bathroom


They obviously have enough junk food.




2 comments:

  1. I don't really know Elder Bowles, but started reading this and I am hooked! I am just cracking up at the way he explains everything! I'll look forward to reading more and learning about life in Paraguay!

    Sister Decker

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheila, I am glad that you are enjoying his letters. He has always had a good sense of humor. I thought about it later and the two of you have some similiar personality traits, so it makes sense you find him entertaining.

    ReplyDelete