Tomorrow there's supposed to be a big meeting where they train all the new mission presidents, so they're gonna close half the cafeteria, which is already packed because it's summer, and only let us go through certain doors to get there, so that'll be interesting. There's also gonna be a huge Sacrament Meeting on Sunday, and I've talked to like four people who know that they're blessing the Sacrament.
The Temple is great, it's pretty much the only time that I get to really relax, and not end up falling asleep. I heard that they're going to close it for cleaning or something soon, so that's gonna be terrible, hope it's after I leave.
We taught our ''investigator'' last night, it was really hard, we explained the Word of Wisdom (no drinking alcohol or smoking) to him, and either he wasn't getting it or we weren't explaining it right because of our Spanish, so that was frustrating. We were supposed to be talking only Spanish in our classroom, but that hasn't really worked out so far.
I weigh 165 pounds, so I think that that's 9 pounds more than when I got here, not exactly sure, the food doesn't taste super good anymore, there's just a lot of it.
Mom, that totally sounds like something I would do, with the rice pudding and all. Happy Birthday! I love you so much, and I know that someone would be crazy to want someone besides you as a nurse, because I don't think anything ever really goes wrong when you're around. Also, do a lot of people like touring the new tower or is it just something to do? I think it would be cool but Idk about everyone else. I hope you have a great day today.
Dad, I know that before I came here, I just did what I had to to get my callings done, because I figured if I did it that was good enough, but here I need to do everything I can to help my investigators come unto Christ, even if they are fake, because my calling isn't to just teach them, it's to save them. And I like that a lot.
Kami, I don't have too many tips for running, If you need a workout schedule there might be an old one in my dresser, or Miss Gulbrandsen's phone number might still be in my phone that you have, so you could try one of those. Schedules do help a lot though because if you follow them they force you to improve. As long as you push yourself during workouts you'll be fine though.
Julia, I'm sure you did better than you think you did on the ACT test, that's how things usually turn out. And I prayed for you, so you had to do good. Also, I think I owe 30 cents tithing from when I tested the gross hummus at BYU, could you grab some coins from my coin jar for that? It was in my room somewhere when I left.
Hailey, Did you get my letter a while ago? I sent it to the address on the Dear Elder you sent me.
I love it here, I don't know if some of it's because I forgot what the outside world was like or what, but I love helping our investigators, even if they are just our teachers pretending, so I can't imagine what it will be like with real people. I can't wait to go Paraguay in 3ish weeks, its gonna super crazy. I am learning so much, everything's easier with help from God. I love the gospel and I love teaching it even more, even if my Spanish is super hard to understand. I know it's true and awesome.
con amor,
Elder Ivan Bowles
Looks like they do find time to nap a bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment