I´m here in Tayuasapé with Elder P still, so that´s fine.
This week we had stake conference here in San Lorenzo, and there was a lot of people. there, it seemed like way more than last time.
This last week or so we´ve been talking to lots of people with addictions, and I don´t know why, just how it´s been happening recently, so we´ll see how much they let us help them.
Yesterday we taught a family how to pray and we explained how we can ask for blessings and the mom got super excited and said she was going to pray that more people come into her store to buy stuff. It was really funny, just because of how excited she was.
Funny thing that happened this week President Agazzani came up to me and my companion before stake conference and asked if he could share a joke with my companion, and he just called him Elder Panzón, which basically means elder bigbelly. It was funny, here in South America it is not rude at all to comment on someone´s weight, while in the states people avoid the subject alot.
I am not wearing green, I forgot all about Saint Patricks Day, and here they don´t make a big deal about el día de San Patricio.
My long sleeve shirts are way whiter than my short sleeve shirts, and our laundry lady right now actually knows how to make things whiter instead of yellower, so that´s been nice. I haven´t bought any more white shirts, but I´ve found a couple from missionaries who have gone home.
This week we pruned trees for a family because according to them they´re ¨too short and can´t reach¨ so that was fun. I´ve started to like yardwork more since I´ve been in Paraguay, and I really don´t know why.
We get some refferrals from members, we are spending a lot of time finding still.
On sunday at church this lady came in and she had a huge rodent on her shoulder. It looked like monkey but it had the head of a rodent, I hadn´t ever seen anything like it before, and it was just tied to a rope she was holding. I kinda want one now.
-Elder Bowles
ahhhh hahahaa he kinda wants one now!!!
ReplyDelete