Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Week 76 - Just Big Rats, Supermarket Shopping, P-day Synopsis, Cops don't stop Investigator

I couldn´t write yesterday because the internet got cut while I was trying to write, but really quick here are a few of the things that happened this week: C*rl*s and his daughter were both baptized, and are super happy now.

It´s gotten super hot now, and rained a little bit yesterday and it felt really good because it cooled things off. I cleaned all the dust of the fans and now they work twice as good.  My companion seems like he´s really enjoying the mission.
 
I got the other popcorn package, and I enjoyed it as well, they really don´t have popcorn here in Paraguay, so that was super nice.
 
Pomegranates sound so good right now. I´ve only seen one pomagranate tree in all of Paraguay.
 
There are so many birds here, and they all sing in the morning, it is nice, but it makes it hard to sleep past 6 o clock. They don´t have squirrels here, just big rats.
 
I think we could go fishing on preparation day, there´s not too many rivers super close to Villarrica. On p-days we study, drop of laundry, write families, buy food, sometimes clean the apartment, take naps, and just do nothing, because it´s our only chance to just sit around.
 
Having all the differenct companions (he has had 7 so far) just have shown me that everyone has special needs, and that some peoples special needs make more sense than others. 
 
Sometimes I have problems just walking on over wet muddy roads.
 
The bus didn´t come because it was going to get stuck if it did.
 
The corruption ranking for Paraguay seems very accurate, it only surprised me a little bit that only 26 countries were below it.
 
I shop in Herrero (ironworker) super market. there´s sprite, cocacola, colgate, aquafresh, head and shoulders shampoo, crunch bars, kiwi shoeshine, and quite a few more american brands, but things from the states are always more expensive, so the only thing that I buy from the states is toothpaste.
 
well, they said we´ll get the hard copy from general conference sooner this time, acoorinding to the apostol, usually takes a couple months.
 
I am inspired to speak words that aren´t my own almost every day.
 
We have our recovering drug addict that has recently stopped smoking even tobacco cigarrettes and is progressing towards baptism. His highlight this week was when he walked past the cops and they didn´t even stop him.  He just seems way happier than when we found him, he came with us to teach someone with us, and he already refers to himself as ´un mormon´ even though he´s not baptized yet.
 
-Elder Bowles

No comments:

Post a Comment