Monday, October 14, 2013

Week 75 -Villarica - Misses Last Bus, Safest Area, Mosquitos, Horses, Hitch Hiking

This week was great, as usual. On Saturday we had a little bit of an adventure, the bus we needed to take to get back to Villarrica got cancelled, because it rained a bunch and the bus couldn´t go through.(the only bus) so we basically just went home with other means (we paid some guy 10,000- just over $2 American) guarani to take us halfway, and then some family who had talked with missionaries before gave us a ride almost the rest of the way, until we got a couple other rides with other people. It really is amazing how well God has taken care of me since I´ve been on the mission.
At night, I hear drunk people and music quite a bit, but the only thing that wakes me up sometimes is all the horses going by with their metal shoes on the pavement. I have no problems sleeping.
 
There are a lot of mosquitos here in Villarrica, especially since it´s warming up.
 
This is probably the safest area in all of Paraguay, there are street lights in the whole area, and I basically hitchiked without any problems.
 
I just want reeses cups and butterfingers and skittles. I don´t really ´need´ anything.
 
C*rl*s had to work, but we were able to get the interviews in, so now he just needs to get to the river with his daughter to get baptized.
 
Presidente Agazzani is just great, I had an interview with him, but his letters he writes to us always seem to have hidden meanings in them, it makes me kinda nervous sometimes. Our mission president is super funny, he always cracks jokes. He´s only 40something, and he really does have a lot more energy than President Madariaga.
 
There´s one member who takes a bus for about an hour to get to church Everyone who lives in Paso Yobai used to take the two hour ride every Sunday.
 
There´s not too much to do on P-days, look at carpinchos (large rodent), that´s about it.
 
Elder Bowles

No comments:

Post a Comment