Monday, August 20, 2012

Week 15 - Salado - Speaking in Church, Playing Futbol, Racing Collectivos, Non Spicy Pizza, Eating a Turkey

Well, I spoke in church on Sunday. Both Hamilton and I were supposed to talk for 5 minutes, and I talked for 7 minutes. I never thought I was going to have gone over my assigned time. Everyone said it was good. I hope it really was and they weren´t just being polite, and it didn´t seem that long at all. I still can´t really understand the other stuff in sacrament meeting that well, but I think I'm understanding a little better.

We had an investigator who we had given up on on Friday, and then we walked into the chapel, and there he was, it was awesome. He had always said he would come to church, and seemed super excited for it, but that´s how everyone basically is here. We´ve been working with Miriam, who is really awesome. Elder Hamilton told her that he knew she was ready, and then she agreed to be baptized, and we set a date for that, and it was super awesome. Then she didn´t go to church on Sunday, so we´re gonna have to come up with a new date because everyone needs to go to church 3 times and have been taught everything before they´re baptized. Juan Carlos, the newest member of our ward has been in and out of the hospital for a week or so, we went by yesterday though, and he was fine. 

For preparation day today, we went to lucque. I think thats how its spelled I really don´t know, and we played some futbol. That was real fun.

I haven´t had any problems with my feet, they are just super gross and sweaty at the end of every day. It is super hot here. It may be the hottest place in the world.

A collectivo we were on almost hit another one this week. Then it raced to pick up more people than the other one.  They should have collectivos en the U.S.

We went to a Italian pizza place today, and they asked how picante we wanted the pizza, and Hamilton said picante y té, and it still wasn´t that spicy. The people here dont´t know what spicy means.

We contacted an old lady this week, and before we could say anything she just started yelling at us to leave really loud over and over again.

Carlos´s turkey has been super annoying. None of his family really likes his turkey either, so we ate it yesterday. It was super good. They cooked with a whole bunch of garlic all over it. Best turkey I´ve ever had.

I saw a trash can today. First time that´s happened in my month of being here, pretty crazy.

Elder Bowles


dad-I think that the church labeled as Evangelical is our church.  I think its just wrong on google maps. You could try the find a chapel thing on lds.org. That´s how it is on our map of the area. We live almost right next to a school with ´concepcion´ somewhere in the title. A lot of people here work as security guards. There are so many of those here, even in like grocery stores and stuff. My poop is normal.
julia- tranquilo, escrituras son buenas en español. hay algunos partes en las escrituras donde teniendo dos idiomas me ayuda mucho porque los oraciones son escritos differentes, y si no estoy seguro que significa, a veces el otro idioma resolva la problema. la ultima vez que yo andé en auto fue cuando llegué en el aueropuerto acá en paraguay. espero que vas a tener un buena año en la escuela. tenemos que usar nuestro ropa de proseletismo, pero cuando estamos jugando fútbol, no tenemos que hacerlo. We don´t need bug zappers, we´re just awesome at killing mosquitos. They might become an endangered species by the time I have to leave here.
mom-  probably practice about an 45 min a week. depending on the week, and depending on how often we are at the church and what we do on p-day it really depends on the week wether i practice or not. i can play 2ish songs in the simplified book. That´s super awesome that elder holland replied back. He´s pretty awesome. He may be my favorite apostle just cuz he says stuff just how it is. California doesn´t even compare to here, but yeah if someone from somewhere cold came here, they would just get of the plane and die or something. It had just started to rain on our way here, which felt super good. that´s super funny about Matthew Medrano. I bet you´re happy that the wedding went good and that its over now.
kami- hope you had a good time at cross country campaaaaaaaaaaaaa
hailey- after everything you should write me something. or else.

No comments:

Post a Comment