General Conference was this week, and it was great, one of the people we taught once went for the Sunday afternoon session, his name is S*rg**, and he´s about 60ish, he´s super awesome. I honestly didn´t think anyone was going to go, becasue they had to take a bus into San Lorenzo to see the conference, but then we got of the bus and saw him on the corner walking towards the stake center, and he was early and everything. I saw all the sessions, the first four in English on the little TV in San Lorenzo, and then the last one in Spanish on the big screen with S*rg**.
All I heard was that there was an earthquake in Chile. I didn´t feel anything, there are basically no natural disasters here in Paraguay besides rain and hail.
For my birthday some people made me a cake, and I got gifts of jerkey and peanut butter from other missionaries.
Here there´s a disease passing through that makes all the dogs´ hair fall out, so that´s been interesting.
Yeah Monday May12 sounds good (for our Mother's Day phone call), chances are I´ll be in a new area, but Í will keep you informed if anything changes.
I really liked the preisthood session, but I´d half to look at my notes to tell you which one was my favorite, they had one that seemed more directed to women than to us, you should go read it, by Elder Oaks. To see this talk to go: https://www.lds.org/general-conference/watch/2014/04?lang=eng&vid=3436246697001&cid=3
We didn´t eat armadillo, the person that was going to get it is in Argentina right now.
The grapefruits are yellow, and are sour, and really good. I almost know how to cook milanesa, which is basically just the paraguayan version of breaded chicken.
Yes, more contacting than through the members.
RN is doing fine, it´s just always hard with young people because a lot of time their schedule depends on their parents schedule. Now his neighbor comes over whenever he hears that we´re at RN's house.
-Elder Bowles
No comments:
Post a Comment