This week was great, we found some new people, everyone here is super nice, but they're even less sincere than the people in Salado. Sometimes when someone rejects us, I'm just glad that at least they were sincere.
The couple we were working with didn't go to church, but they read everything we give them, and the guy has drinking problems, but really wants to change, so we're still working with them for now.
Since the ward is bigger, I don't know everyone by name yet, like I did in my last one, still working on that. We have a lot of members that like helping the missionaries out, so that helps a ton.
The teachers of the classes here do a way better job as well. Nothing super crazy happened this week, but it was a good one. I don't know if I told everyone my first week in my mission that I saw 3 dead dogs in one week. Here I saw 4 dead dogs in 1 day. I just assumed they were dogs at least, I couldn't really tell.
Also, they have juice from powder here, instead of concentrate, and it actually tastes surprisingly realistic.
Elder Bowles
Dad- We got a referral yesterday from a member to a family that apparently said that they wanted to talk to us about their salvation. So I'm excited about that, we're visiting them tomorrow. It is weird being in a larger ward, they have way more people with callings, and for now our ward mission leader at least pretends like we wants to fulfil his calling, and he's active, so that's a plus. We do email in San Lorenzo. There are a sooo many less or inactive members here, which is both good and bad, since they're great if they start going back to church, because they help grow the ward super fast since they already know stuff, but just frustrating if they don't. That is awesome that you did good on the gmat, when would you start the program?
Mom- On Christmas we tried to visit people but it failed, so we went to a members house and had a nice dinner with them.
Kami- Did you get free jamba juice? That makes it all worth it. I almost said good thing it's summer so you didn't miss class but then I remembered it's winter there.
Julia-the weather is hotter here, but maybe its just because it's deeper into summer now, I don't know. I see drunk guys pretty much every week. Have fun at camp.
No comments:
Post a Comment