Monday, December 17, 2012

Week 32 - Salado - Another Baptism, Pooped On, Magic Rootbeer, Can't Say His Own Name



J-n-s got baptized, it was awesome. He is so great, he probably was the person that was the easiest to teach so far. His mom, Genara gave the opening prayer, after having been in the church for just a month. Even though her husband/J-n-s´s dad died fairly recently, they both get along so well, you never would have thought anything was amiss if you saw the two of them just spending time together on their front porch.

I got pooped on by a bird this week, and then I got diarrhea, new experience for me, I had never thought it was contagious.

I went to the hospital this week with my zone and another zone to sing Christmas carols to the patients. We also did a secret santa thing, and I got root beer flavoring, to put in carbonated water and just magically have root beer, so that´s awesome.

I also decided that I´m not going to be able to say my name right when I get back, I corrected someone who said it the right way this last week, because I´m so used to people mispronouncing it.

Elder Bowles
 
Fun fact, I found out that they have general conference in guaraní on lds.org, if you want to hear what it sounds like (we couldn't find it there), but it´s under guaraní (in quaranI) which is something different, and I can´t remember what it is. So good luck.

Mom- I put my shoes in our back yard for an hour during studies and then they are super dry. My favorite picture that you sent was the one of Grandpa Gil.
 
Julia- I feel like I´ve done almost all I can to find people here, right now I´m just contacting all the houses that had lame excuses or weren´t home when I went by the first time on those streets. I know my area like the back of my hand.  I did get the picture of Kami's cat. The main reason I went on a mision was because the prophet said I should, and now I love it.  It´s not nearly as bad as everyone made it sound.
 
Kami-it´s definitely done raining. It´s hot again. As far as the virgin goes, I´ve heard that every single latin american country has their own virgin mary that they worship. Paraguay-virgin of caacupe. I beleive it´s mexico that worships the virgin of Guadalupe. and the others have their own as well. Don´t ask me how it got started because I have no idea.
 
Dad-I pretty much have contacted all the houses in Salado. As missionaries here in Paraguay we don´t set aside time for contacting.  We just contact to and from and inbetween all our visitas. I´ve had to be more and more creative when I pick the routes we take in order to go to the few houses that I haven't gotten yet. Luckily president rarely ever leaves an elder an an area for more than 4 cambio(change/transfer). I should have a fresh area in about 2 weeks, and I´m super excited, because I´ll be able to talk to everyone right when I get there.  It'll be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment