I got through my first day at the Missionary Training Center! It has been a long day. I'm planning on sending out this letter tomorrow (Thursday). I was met when I came in, and got my name tag. Now I'm for reals.
My companion's name is Elder Willes, I just realized I don't even know his first name. Oh well, this way I'll call him Elder like I'm supposed to.
I got a sticker put on my tag saying I'm new, and then everyone I saw said 'welcome to the MTC.' EVERYONE. I was happy when I got to take the sticker off.
I saw my old room mate Daniel and also saw Spud both today, wasn't too much time to talk though. So far everyone has said that once you get through Sunday the days get easier, so whatever.
My poison oak bubble poppled after we got off the plane, just so you know Mom.
I don't know if I'm supposed to send this tomorrow, but they haven't said I couldn't and they're going to show us where the mailbox is so I'll just drop it in.
Lunch was amazing, I don't even know if it tasted good, I was so hungry. So yeah, I'm here and I'm learning.
Love, Elder Ivan Bowles
p.s. I don't know when preparation day is yet, so I don't know when I will email, but I'll answer whatever is there when I get a chance.
Ivan's nametag which he will wear for the next two years.
Ivan's district at the MTC - they all are learning Spanish, but not all are going to Paraguay
No comments:
Post a Comment